Sunday 7 September 2008

My new blue friend.


For once I've bought something for over ten dollars.
I finally got myself a dressmakers mannequin, it was quite cheap from a second hand store.
I didn't know having one could be so useful. Before when making stuff I'd have to try half finished monstrosities on myself, pins sticking out (and in) and all.
It has other uses besides saving me from looking like a sieve. I got round to photographing just about all the clothes I've ever made, besides the ones I've given away, thrown away, burnt or ones just too ugly.
As my new blue plastic friend has no legs I was not able photograph the several pairs of trousers I've sewn. It is also a great shame a dressmakers mannequin has no arms, which means all my fantastic billowing sleeves can only hang limp.

I've gone through and added new photos to all my posts. Have a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment